Welcome to online learning at South Plains College. Instructional Technology administers the learning management system called Blackboard, the software used to deliver instruction in online, hybrid and enhanced courses. We provide instructional support and training to SPC faculty and students.
Instructional Technology supports teaching and learning in the use of learning technologies by:
- Managing and maintaining the learning management system, to ensure consistent delivery of online content.
- Providing quality professional development opportunities to prepare faculty to develop academically rigorous, accessible and enriching educational experiences for all learners.
- Promoting best practices and Universal Design in the development, design, and teaching of online, hybrid and enhanced courses.
- Providing technical support services in distance learning technologies to students and faculty.
Whether you’re new to the online course environment or completing an online program here at South Plains, the resources on this site can help you find answers to any questions you may have about taking classes online. Please contact us if you have trouble finding information or if you’ve encountered a technical issue in your online course. Learn More
Start of the Semester
Try to log in prior to the first day of classes. Although your courses won't show up until the first day, it is good to test the log in prior. Remember, your log in is only your username (not the entire email address) plus your SPC password.
Your needs are complex and specific. And, they're continuously evolving—therefore we are too. We want to help instructor find solutions to make the biggest impact on their students' experience.
Blackboard App is a mobile app that enables you to view course content, grade assignments, connect with students in discussions, and interact with your class in Blackboard Collaborate. The app is available for iOS and Android mobile devices. Learn More
- Faculty Help and Tips | Blackboard Learn Help
- Apps and Plug Ins Using Collaborate Ultra Zoom Tips and Tricks
- Microsoft Office 365 for Faculty: One Note | Teams | Survey
Whether you’re new to the online course environment or completing an online program here at SPC, the resources on this site can help you find answers to any questions you may have about taking classes online. Please submit a help request if you have trouble finding information or if you’ve encountered a technical issue in your online course.